Medical Forensic Expert
I’m a Board-Certified obstetrician/gynecologist, with extensive experience and expertise in forensic medical-legal proceedings. In my role as a medical forensic expert for nearly ten years, I have been involved in a wide array of civil and criminal cases, testifying on behalf of both the plaintiff and the defense.
After graduating from Princeton University, I studied medicine at the USC School of Medicine, where I was named the top female graduating physician and invited into Alpha Omega Alpha, the medical honor society that recognizes the top five percent of graduating medical students in the country. I subsequently trained in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the prestigious Kaiser Hospital in Los Angeles, where I was awarded the CREOG award as the top resident each year, and achieved Board-Certification soon afterward.
Over the past three decades I have been the medical director of the successful private practice I established following my residency. I have cared for thousands of women and have achieved expertise in all aspects of female healthcare. I have also become Board-Certified in the new field of Integrative medicine and am on the faculty at the Fellowship in Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona School of Medicine.
I was recruited to be an expert reviewer of the Medical Board of California in the 1980s, a position I still hold. My experience as a forensic medical expert includes sexual assault cases, employment disputes, accident cases, patent law, pharmaceutical and medical device issues, and malpractice cases.
Sexual Assault Expertise
One of my unique areas of expertise involves consultations and expert testimony involving cases of sexual assault. I am capable of explaining the nuances of such cases to attorneys and juries, such that they are comfortable with the subject matter.
I use my knowledge and experience to explain anatomy in clear and simple language both to attorneys and to juries. A large part of my role involves helping jury members to feel comfortable with the medical elements of the case so they can focus on the significant facts and make a dispassionate and informed decision. This includes taking the emotional emphasis off the elements of the case that are particularly distressing.
My services include:
- Case reviews and generation of reports
- Deposition and trial assistance, for both plaintiff and defense
- Expert medical consultations and trial preparation for attorneys
- Expert advice on sexual assault, for both criminal defense and prosecution
Areas of expertise
- Gynecological examinations and office procedures
- Missed gynecological diagnoses
- Gynecological injuries suffered in accidents of all sorts
- Gynecological-related pharmaceuticals
- Gynecological-related medical devices
- Laws relating to women’s health rights
- All aspects of sexual assault
- Gynecological surgery
- First-trimester pregnancy complications and miscarriages
- Environmental medicine issues affecting reproductive and female health
- Nutrition and supplements affecting female health