Legal Medical Proceedings
I am a Board Certified Gynecologist with extensive experience and great expertise in forensic medical/legal proceedings. I have been a medical forensic expert for nearly a decade and have been an expert on a huge array of varied cases, working for both the defense and plaintiff sides, on both civil and criminal matters.
I began as an expert reviewer for the Medical Board of California in the 1980s, where I primarily dealt with sexual assault cases. My experiences with cases runs the gamut from accident cases, to malpractice concerns, to employment disputes, to sexual assault, to environmental toxicant’s effects on health, and to pharmaceutical patent law disputes.
I spent a dozen years teaching surgery to residents at the Keck USC School of Medicine, as an OB/GYN Assistant Clinical Professor, provided many guest lectures at the UCI Paul Merage School of Business and at the USC School of Social Work. I now work with the Fellowship in Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona School of Medicine, teaching and grading final exams. I have often delivered grand rounds, and regularly lecture on numerous topics of women’s health at sites throughout the US and the world.
I have worked with many different law firms, small and large, as well as with public defenders and prosecutors/district attorneys. In addition to serving the needs of small solo practices, I have worked with very large national law firms, who engaged my services for major cases involving multiple parties, pharmaceutical companies, and toxic waste concerns.
My services include:
- Case review and generation of report
- Deposition and trial assistance – both plaintiff and defense
- Expert medical consultations and trial preparation for attorneys
- Expert advice on sexual assault – criminal defense and prosecution
Areas of expertise — all aspects of gynecology including:
- Menopausal medicine and hormonal therapy – including the use of bio-identical hormones
- Menstrual and hormonal dysfunction, Infertility, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Sexual assault
- Abnormal pap smears and their treatment
- Adolescent medicine, birth control, sexually transmitted diseases
- Bladder problems – infections, incontinence, interstitial cystitis, overactive bladder
- Chronic pelvic pain and vulvodynia
- Endometriosis, uterine fibroids
- Female sexual dysfunction
- Pharmaceutical patent disputes
- Environmental effects on female health
- Integrative medicine – a blend of complementary and alternative medicine, functional medicine and holistic medicine
- Gynecological surgery – hysteroscopy, laparoscopy, hysterectomy, myomectomy, oophorectomy, tubal surgery, vaginal surgery, sterilization, LEEP procedures, incontinence procedures, office biopsies, training in robotics